Sunday 2 October
Warwickshire Exhibition Centre, The Fosse, Fosse Way, Leamington Spa, CV31 1XN
The 2016 British Dog Grooming Championship will take place at the Warwickshire Exhibition Centre on Sunday 2 October. Organised by the British Dog Groomers’ Association, the leading UK trade associations for dog groomers, and sponsored by Groomers Limited, the Championship will determine this year's Groomer of the Year and the Newcomer of the Year.
The British Dog Grooming Championship’s Groomer of the Year competition is the most hotly anticipated grooming event of the year.
In 2015, 120 groomers competed and hundreds more watched as the nation’s top groomers clipped, trimmed and scissored their way to success. This year will be no exception.
Find out more:
Other highlights of the day will include:
• Creative competition
• Top quality goody bags
• Eight different classes
• Workshop class
• Huge range of seminars and demonstrations across three seminar streams
• Trade stands
• Bring and Buy Sale
• Celebration of the Guild of Master Groomers
Fantastic learning opportunities
The focus of the British Dog Grooming Championship will be on learning. We will assemble a range of top class seminars and demonstrations over three seminar rooms covering technical grooming issues and business advice, to help groomers develop their skills and grow their business.
- Sue Pratt – Creative Fusion
- Zoe Duffy LCGI GMG – Cockerpoo Shaping & Angulation
- City & Guilds – Explaining the new Level Three Qualification
- Alison Rogers LCGI GMG – Beautiful Bichons
- Groomers Ltd – Understanding Grooming Equipment
- Jitka Krizova LCGI GMG – Handstripping
- Glynis Stewart & Dawn Harkin P1 – Tellington TTouch for Groomers
- Denise Westbrook LCGI GMG – Perfecting Poodles
- Melanie Winter-Holmes LCGI GMG – Bridging the Gap between Level 3 and Higher Diploma
- Lesley Garratt LCGI GMG & Kelly Gayler – Handling Difficult & Anxious Dogs
- Isobel Richards MRCVS – Skin and Coat Health: What to look out for!
See the full seminar timetable for the day here
We know that groomers love an opportunity to shop! The British Dog Grooming Championship will provide trade stand opportunities for dozens of business who would like to target this captive audience of motivated and committed dog groomers. Trade stand holders in 2015 were delighted with the quality of visitor to the show, with many having booked to attend again this year.
You can choose to purchase a ticket for seminar entry (includes entry to the whole show and all seminars). Ticket prices are:
BDGA/PIF members: £30
Non members: £45.60
These prices include the VAT we have to include. To book a ticket, please call 01234 273933
If you simply want to visit the show, shop and soak up the atmosphere, ticket prices are: £9 for BDGA members; £12 non-member- These are available to purchase below.
Trade Stands and Sponsorship