The written examinations for the Level 3 7763 Certificate have recently been replaced with online tests called 'e-volve'. These tests take place at various locations and times around the country and a list of forthcoming test dates is available here.
Evolve Online Revision Courses Available Now!
To help you pass you your e-volve test, the Pet Industry Federation has developed a range of online revision courses on a range of topics covered by the City & Guilds tests, including: first-aid; breeds appearance, condition and trimming methods; legislation; condition of the work area and health and general welfare. There are eight revision courses you can buy, and each course has a number of quizzes at the end to test your knowledge!
The eight modules cover:
1) First-Aid - Find out the types of first-aid situations which may occur and how these shoudl be dealt with
2) Breeds, Appearance & Condition and Trimming - Learn how to plan work according to the client's request, the breed of dog and its appearance
3) Condition of the Work Area - Revise the importance of maintaining the condition of the work area in the salon
4) Environmental Damage & Waste - Learn about the possible environmental damage that could occur and how to respond.
5) General Health, Welfare & Preventative Care - Describe how to promote the health and general welfare of animals and minimise stres of injury
6) Records & Importance of Keeping Records - Find out why records are required for management and legislative purposes and the importance of maintaining them
7) Legislation & Codes of Conduct - Revise current Health and Safety legislation, animal welfare legislation & codes of practice
8) Nutrition & Exercise - Learn why animals need exercise and how the type and amount varies at different stages in an animal's life
When registering to use the online shop, please ensure that you include your COMPANY NAME
There are also a number of revision courses for the e-volve test being organised by one of the PIF Training Schools, Canine Design. The courses cost £50 to non Canine Design students, and lunch can be provided for £6.50, with tea/coffee for £1.50 per cup. Please contact Canine Design directly on 01749 830723 to book a place.
Dates are as follows:
Wednesday 18th February
Wednesday 18th March
Wednesday 15th April
Wednesday 20th May
Wednesday 17th June
Wednesday 15th July
Wednesday 19th August
Wednesday 16th September
Wednesday 14th October
Wednesday 18th November